Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Server problems

Posted by nic0laz 
Repetier Server problems
February 18, 2013 09:29AM
Hi, i had installed Repetier-Server on a fresh minimal debian install (on a vm) and im having some issues.

It compiles without any trouble, but when i try to hit the web interface i just get a blank page and no errors on messages. The same goes if i use the debug flag on cmake.

Is there any other way to troubleshoot this?
Re: Repetier Server problems
February 19, 2013 01:30PM
Are you sure you took the right url and there is no other webserver on the same port. Default ist port 8080 so you would use something like
[localhost]

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 19, 2013 02:25PM
yes, im sure.

i created a dummy file on repetiers server www root and was able to see it with the browser.
February 20, 2013 03:02AM
Not really sure what goes wrong, so you should stop the server and run it from command line. Perhaps you get a message that helps to understand what goes wrong. It is important not to run as daemon or your output would go to syslog.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
February 20, 2013 06:17AM
no messages, already tried that.
i thing mongrel is having some problem with php.

are there any requirements that must be installed separately ?
February 20, 2013 12:23PM
There is no php code. The files only have the php ending to fool the translation programm i use to scan the files for text to translate. It uses only a self written template engine. I will see if I can add some more error messages in case something goes wrong there. Do your slug names contain spaces? Perhaps you should start with the given configs to see if it works then. I guess one of the configs contains data that breaks the system somehow.

February 20, 2013 08:18PM
its a stock config, but i will check it later, just in case.
February 21, 2013 09:17AM
no luck with stock configs files.
February 21, 2013 10:25AM
if i change index.php to index.html i can see the index page. I have to try to rename all the php files and change the links.
February 22, 2013 06:52AM
the files have some code that is not javascript, right?, if i chage extensions, i can see the pages, but with missing links and stuff, only the html and javascript snippets.
February 23, 2013 03:03AM
Yes, the php files get parsed by the template engine replacing variables and doing some loops to set he javasctipt/display correctly. I think html does not get parsed. So your problem is that the parser makes trouble in your case. I hope we might solve this when i have added some safety checks and see what the problem is. Until now it worked without problems for me, so i'm still wondering it does not work. Did you see that it loaded your configs at server start?

February 23, 2013 08:52AM
looks like it loads the config files properly.

can you tell me the parser file name so i can add some std output messages, to try to debug it myself, in a previous life i did some C coding, so i should be able to at least try to locate the issue.
February 23, 2013 09:59AM
Look into WebserveAPI.cpp and search the FillTemplate method. Could also be a problem with the translation part - function TranslateFile. With e debugger it should be easy to see where it loses the data or gets wrong.

February 27, 2013 05:14PM
quick update, since my coding skills are gone, i did a debian fresh install and now it´s working like a charm.

Im using an dell thinclient with 6 usb ports, so i think that i will be fine for some time.

Now i need a webcam!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login