Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier host issues + lock up

Posted by 3ntrlab 
Repetier host issues + lock up
March 13, 2013 08:38AM
Found two problems:

1) It is possible to config "zero extruders", but software then locks up and dosen't run anymore. Solved changing (regedit) register value.

2) On a multiple extruder board (Megatronics 2.0) when turning on the heated bed, it turn on also the HEATER_1_PIN

Especially issue #1 is locking me...

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 08:41AM by 3ntrlab.

==============================
no toys here...sorry
Re: Repetier host issues + lock up
March 13, 2013 03:09PM
1) Strange. I'm running the host for my cnc mill with zero extruder and didn't have that lock up. Maybe a sideeffect with a config setting I do not have. Do you have a screenshot of the second config page so I can test with these settings if I get a lock up. Also, when does th elockup occur. Directly at the start, after connect, ...

2) Sound more like a firmware configuration issue. If you are using Repetier-Firmware you should watch out for your heated bed setting. Default is
#define HEATED_BED_HEATER_PIN HEATER_1_PIN

the same as the second extruder. For Megatronics you need to change this to
#define HEATED_BED_HEATER_PIN HEATER_2_PIN

to use the heated bed output.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Repetier host issues + lock up
March 15, 2013 04:09AM
1) All I can tell you, is that I simply set the Configuration>Printer setting>Printer setting tab>Number of extruders to zero. After quitting the program, there was no way to start it again. Regediting the number of extruders back to "1" allowed me to restart program.

2) Firmware is already set as

#define HEATED_BED_HEATER_PIN HEATER_2_PIN

The HB led on the motherboard is correctly lit, but also the S2 (extruder 2) is turned on.
It seems that when the heater bed is started, the host makes a call to both Heater_1_Pin and Heater_2_Pin
Is there any other place I should look (in firmware) for mistakes ?

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

==============================
no toys here...sorry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login