Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperature settling time

Posted by tmorris9 
Temperature settling time
June 07, 2013 11:10PM
I just started printing with nylon and I have to print at a higher temperature than the ABS I am use to. I am just curious how the delay is calculated in reaching temperature until printing is started.

When I do ABS at 240c the printer starts (motion) about 15-20 seconds after the graph shows the temperature at 240. But with the nylon I am printing at 265c and it takes close to a minute for the printer to start once the chart shows it's reached the temperature. The first couple of times I thought there was a problem, either communications or something but then I found out it was just waiting longer.

So is this normal? Is there a way to adjust it to start sooner after temp is reached?
Re: Temperature settling time
June 08, 2013 05:03AM
If it reaches target temperature-1 it waits
/** Wait x seconds, after reaching target temperature. Only used for M109.  Overridden if EEPROM activated. */
#define EXT1_WATCHPERIOD 1

It can get more difficult with hysteresis:
/** Temperature range for target temperature to hold in M109 command. 5 means +/-5°C

Uncomment define to use force the temperature into the range for given watchperiod.
*/
//#define TEMP_HYSTERESIS

If your PID values are optimized for lower temperatures, it may be difficult to get over the Targettemp-1 with damping. You then want a PID combination with a little overshoot trigger the watchperiod.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login