Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

host 0.90 (non-beta) doesn't see my Windows com ports

Posted by gdeconto 
host 0.90 (non-beta) doesn't see my Windows com ports
June 24, 2013 06:33PM
have found that the 0.90 (non beta) Windows version wont connect to my reprappro mendel, which uses the USB port via the virtual "com10" on my workstation.

when I try to choose the port to connect to , the only option available to me in 0.90 (non-beta) version is "default"; I don't see the two com ports in 0.90 that I am able to see in 0.85b and other software.

if I choose "default" and try to connect, it doesnt (ie I see the normal connection commands queuing up but not going to the printer).

if I close 0.90 and opening up another 3d printer program like pronterface, I have no problem accessing the printer or seeing the ports. or if I uninstall 0.90 and reinstall 0.85b, no problem

will see if I can find any error messages to post
Re: host 0.90 (non-beta) doesn't see my Windows com ports
June 24, 2013 07:24PM
I have a similar issue. 0.90 can see my COM port (COM5) and claims to connect, but no actual rs232 traffic appears in the log window. All the messages sent are listed as pending. This only happens on my Printrbot Jr., which is running a version of Marlin from last fall. 0.90 communicates just fine with my Prusa which is running 0.71 Repetier firmware.

If I reinstall Repetier 0.85b, everything works as expected with the Printrbot Jr.

I tried going into the printer settings and disabling the autodetect for the serial comms so that it always used ascii instead of trying to determine if the printer firmware supported repetier protocol, but that didn't help.

EDIT : Pressing 'OK' in the manual control tab gets things up and running. That's a strange one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 07:28PM by amramsey.
June 24, 2013 09:45PM
thx. will try that when I get a chance
June 25, 2013 03:01AM
@gdeconto Are you running Marlin on that board and have ping-pong mode enabled?

The default you see is the printer name, not the port. The port is a bit deeper.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
June 25, 2013 09:08AM
Ok, I got one more Prontrboard user with Marlin with the same problem. Very strange, after 2000 downloads only user with this combination complain. I guess it is the usb on chip that makes the difference, also it should still run as it did before.

I plan an improved serial handling for the update that will recognize missed "ok" messages from the firmware after a short time. I hope that will help.

Anyway, it would be great if someone could post the log file where the connection fails. I mean the one written into the work directory (repetier.log). You need to enable it in Config->Repetier general settings and restart the host. That shoudl give some more hints what happens and perhaps reveals an other problem as well.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
June 29, 2013 10:05AM
I have the same problem with my single extruder printrbot with marlin firmware. Works with 085b but not with new 090. Same symptom as described in previous posts. I will add the repetier log as soon as the current 085b print is finished...
Hanspeter

My Environment:
Host for both 3D-Printers: Repetier Host: 0.90C, slic3r 0.9.10b prebuilt, win7 home premium 64bit
-Dual Extruder bowden printer: Repetier Firmware: 0.83, Arduino 1.05, Board: Azteeg X3, UBIS Hotends 0.35, Viki,
-Single Extrusion printer: Marlin V1, Arduino 1.05, PrintrBoard, UBIS Hotend 0.35

Hanspeter, www.funlab.ch
June 29, 2013 10:20AM
Please use the updated 0.90b version. It has some fixes that other printrboard user already confirmed to work.

90B still no communication with PrintrBot, same as 90
June 30, 2013 10:38AM
Hi
Upgrading to 90B did not solve the problem, same as before. The fact is that printer connects, but then stalls until OK is pressed in ManualControl panel bottom right under Debug options. After that, it seems to work ok, at least all manual controls work ok, all axes move, heatbed heats up and also extruder. Did not print anything.

I add two logfiles created.
- First one: just connect... nothing happens(5 waiting displayed)... disconnect.
- second one Connect... nothing happens (5 waiting displayed) ... pressed OK... printer displays status idle and works ok

Worked ok in 085b. Broken since 90

Note that for this printer the envoronment is a PrinrBoard running Marlin firmware.

Hanspeter

My Environment:
Host for both 3D-Printers: Repetier Host: 0.90C, slic3r 0.9.10b prebuilt, win7 home premium 64bit
-Dual Extruder bowden printer: Repetier Firmware: 0.83, Arduino 1.05, Board: Azteeg X3, UBIS Hotends 0.35, Viki,
-Single Extrusion printer: Marlin V1, Arduino 1.05, PrintrBoard, UBIS Hotend 0.35

Hanspeter, www.funlab.ch
Attachments:
open | download - 90BWithoutOkPressedRepetier.log (3.2 KB)
open | download - 90BwithOkPressedRepetier.log (4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login