Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier bug with rotation.

Posted by CrazyMonkeyCM2 
Repetier bug with rotation.
June 28, 2013 08:47AM
If set the Rotation to -90, 0, 45 and try to slice it I get a "Generated G-Code Not Found" error.
Works fine if I do not rotate. Can anyone else replicate the issue?
It used to work, then not. rotation seems to cause a problem sometimes.

Thanks for any info
Re: Repetier bug with rotation.
June 29, 2013 04:07AM
Couldn't copy that error, everything worked well. Depending on rotation axis and object you may need to land the object again, so it touches the print bed.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 04, 2013 08:31PM
** edit. I seemed to have figured it out.

yeah, I have more problems then this. sometimes parts of slices objects are missing or rotation will break the slice operation. Mostly I cant slice at all. always a "Generated G-Code Not Found" message. I can leave it blank, or select the directories directly, does'nt matter. Sometimes a really complicated part will slice, but a simple cube will give the error. I'm not sure how to duplicate it really. One day I changed a slic3r setting and saved and the problems started. I've uninstalled and manually deleted the C:\Users\userprofilename\AppData\Roaming\Slic3r directory and Repetier folders. tried the previous and current version. Don't know what else to try.

In case you needs info:
Windows 8, 12gb ram, I7 920, etc.(not important)
Java 7 Update 9 (64-bit) (dont know if you use java at all)
I don't know what the dependencies are, but obviously python is included in the install.
Same for slic3r.

I guess I can slice separately then import the finished, but that would suck.
If there are any other folders I can delete or registry keys to delete ill try that.

Any ideas may help.
Thanks for reading!
-----------------------------------------------
oops..
I installed slic3r seperatly and discovered my issue. I just changed my extruder to a .35mm nozzle and changed the setting. But the layer height was larger then the nozzle size. slic3r gives you the error but when your in repetier it just fails without passing the error message along. This is probably common knowledge to most, but non-intuitive for me. It also seems to have caused the improperly sliced models. Chunks of the model were missing, but it seems ok now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2013 10:45PM by CrazyMonkeyCM2.
July 05, 2013 03:04AM
Yes, layer height must be < nozzle height. But strange that the message is not streamed to the log, as everything else is streamed into the log what slic3r outputs. But at least we now know why I didn't get the problem and you have the solution:-)

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login