Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(4 or 5)Command Waiting

Posted by Vietone 
(4 or 5)Command Waiting
April 15, 2013 12:49AM
Not sure what happened but I am now having a problem connecting the Host application to the electronics.

I'm using a Arduino Mega 1280 with a RAMPS 1.4. Everything was working fine until I replaced my Y-bed on my Mendel Max. Everything was unplugged during the replacement.

I then decided to update the firmware to the newest version on the site 0.822 and it still has the same problem. When trying to connect, all I get from the application is 4 (or 5) Command Waiting.

I used the Arduino application to check the serial output but I get nothing. All I get is blank output. Attached is a screenshot. The scroll bar on the bottom seems to be increasing on the horizon over time.
Attachments:
open | download - Repetier.PNG (8.6 KB)
Re: (4 or 5)Command Waiting
April 15, 2013 01:06AM
I decided to download and flash another Firmware (Marlin) and it appears to be responding to the Serial Monitor and Reptier host seems to be able to connect to it.
April 15, 2013 11:28AM
This happens when the connection is set and the host waits for the firmware to answer. If the baud rate is wrong it will never recognize the start prompt from the firmware.

With repetier firmware the baudrate is stored in eeprom on first upload. So remember to use that baudrate and not the one in configuration.h. Sometime pressing reset helps, but only if it is not a baud rate issue.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
April 16, 2013 10:55AM
I validated the configuration. In previous firmware, this was set to 250000 I believe and when I uploaded the newer firmware, this was changed to 115200 or 153600 and I made the changes to the Host software as necessary.

What I had mentioned in my second pst is the Repetier firmware doesn't seem to want to respond at all to the Host software or the serial monitor but when I flashed Marlin or Sprinter firmware, I'm able to get either of those firmwares to respond to serial monitor and with Marlin so far the Host software appears to connect and send/receive commands normally.

I'll try flashing again and changing to other baud rates later when I get home.
April 16, 2013 12:43PM
Change the EEPROM_MODE value to override old eeprom settings. Having marlin installed in between requieres that anyway, because Marlin uses the same eeprom, so old values are overridden anyway.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
April 16, 2013 08:14PM
What Repitier said.

Had same issue when I first loaded up RepFW, changed the EEPROM_MODE to 2 and loaded, worked a treat.

Now if the supplier of the printer would stop trying to dodge thier warranty by being difficult and acknowledge the the X-Axis stepper driver is dead on the Gen6 board and send me a new one... My fault for not investigating the company further before buying.
MC
July 16, 2013 07:56AM
Where do I find "EEPROM_MODE"?
July 16, 2013 10:52AM
MC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where do I find "EEPROM_MODE"?

Configuration.h

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login