Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My latest problem

Posted by edgeflyer 
My latest problem
August 13, 2013 10:12PM
I think my printer hates me. After finally getting repetier to load after fixing my registry error, My printer printed for one night and then the other night I get this error. It pops up immediately when I connect to the printer, not when I load a G code. I noticed that there are no G codes as in no start code. Not sure If it should be there before the G code is loaded or not. Please help AGAIN.
[url=http://photo IMG_20130813_204123_221_zpsc8cc5f54.jpg][/url]
Re: My latest problem
August 14, 2013 02:18AM
You should have resized the log window to see the complete error message. To me it looks like the error message you get from Marlin, when the temperature is out of range, which means a shorted or defect or not connected thermistor.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
August 14, 2013 11:20PM
That is actually the whole error. Is there a resistance test for the thermistor? Is this a radio shack part?
August 15, 2013 02:57AM
A thermistor is a resistor where resistance varies with temperature. At 25 degrees celcius it has 100k so easy to test with a multimeter. We have no radio shack here, but nearly all 3d printer shops sell them and many electronic shops as well.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
August 15, 2013 10:03AM
I saw thermisters in my local radio Shack this weekend so you may also- but likely there is just an open circuit ? Or a short to ground ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login