Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slicer version

Posted by Jeepguy42 
Slicer version
October 22, 2013 04:49PM
I haven't started using the software yet but will be in the next month or so and was wondering since I couldn't find it on there site. What version of Slicer is bing installed. I have a 64bit Operating system and don't want it to try and install a 32 bit version as I've had issues with Slicer 32bit working on my machine. Only the 64bit seems to work on my computer
Re: Slicer version
October 23, 2013 08:33AM
Repetier-Host has both versions bundled and installs the 64 bit version on 64 bit machines.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
October 23, 2013 09:37AM
Thank you very much. That will save me some headaches.

My only other thing I'll need to find out is whether it will recognize a wireless 3D printer. but I'm sure I can figure that one out when my printer arives in the next couple months
October 23, 2013 09:39AM
Interesting question. Have no wireless printers to test:-( But if your driver installs a COMxx port it should work as expected.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
October 23, 2013 02:28PM
I'll have to see. Its a Kickstarter 3D Printer (the Buccanner) which uses an Adrino Chip and has a Wirless dongle attached. Its designed for cloud based 3D printing but allows non-cloud based printing as well and I'm trying to get a one up on finding software that I'm happy playing around with. I have a second 3D printer comming sooner than the Wirless which the company I'm getting that through uses Repetier as there testing software so they know it works with you guys.

It'd be nice if I can get your software to work with both printers as it'll save me a lot of hassle, but if it doesn't, I can easily get over it smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2013 02:28PM by Jeepguy42.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login