Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual Extrusion Offset

Posted by Aberrant 
Dual Extrusion Offset
November 19, 2013 01:37AM
It seems like the print is positioned differently on the build plate than it is shown in the g-code. Take a look at the two attached images. It seems like the print is shifted far over to the left.
Attachments:
open | download - StillOff.jpg (394.3 KB)
open | download - Gcode.jpg (230 KB)
Re: Dual Extrusion Offset
November 19, 2013 03:11AM
What is wrong the gcode preview or the print? If the preview should show them at the same position, you need to set the offset in the slic3r to 0. You should set the offset only in the firmware.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
November 19, 2013 04:17PM
The two images attached show the differences in the g-code preview vs the actual print. The preview shows the main mesh (dark blue). The support material (light turquoise) that is offset properly.

The problem is that the print is positioned differently on the print bed vs the preview. The main print should be centered, not off to the left.
November 20, 2013 04:45AM
As I already said, you should handle offsets insid ethe firmware, not in the slic3r settings. I think the error comes from addition of offsets. If you set them in formware, set the slic3r offset to 0.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
November 21, 2013 12:45AM
repetier
As I already said, you should handle offsets insid ethe firmware, not in the slic3r settings. I think the error comes from addition of offsets. If you set them in formware, set the slic3r offset to 0.
Thank you again for the help.
When I connect to Repetier Host it says the Firmware is Marlin V1 ; Sprinter / grbl Mashup for Gen 6 Firmware.

I don't see any offset when using my control box. I can set many things such as;
Accel
Vxy-jerk
Vz-jerk
Vmax X
Vmax Y
XYZ & E steps
Temp but.... no offset.

How can I view or access my firmware settings?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2013 12:45AM by Aberrant.
November 21, 2013 03:07AM
Marlinis not that comfortable in that aspect. But see
[github.com]
how Marlin now handles it. YOu need to add the M218 to the start gcode.

November 21, 2013 03:51PM
I have used the M218 code in KISSlicer successfully. I will try doing the same with repetier host. I assumed allowing the software to handle it would be ideal since it is a feature just for that. (I'm probably wrong to assume that). Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try tonight and see if that solves the problem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2013 01:24AM by Aberrant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login