Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer gets a little lost

Posted by Tsenneville 
Printer gets a little lost
December 18, 2013 10:25PM
Greetings!

So here I am printing along just fine, working on iPhone covers (8 so far though not all in one night) and while printing another one my delta, running the latest version of Repetier- host and Repetier firmware, seems to get confused and starts printing as if the printer had been bumped and the hot end shifts printing path. The rendering inRepetier shows what the printer should be doing!

Any thoughts?
Re: Printer gets a little lost
December 19, 2013 12:30AM
You probably dropped some steps. Without more information, it's impossible to say why
December 19, 2013 03:01AM
The latest Firmware is 0.90 in the development tree. It gets updated frequently, so saying you use the latest may be not true. 0.90 solves/improves many delta related issues.

But from what I hear it sounds like some dropped steps. 0.90 might help if it was not a move which needed too much force.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 19, 2013 09:56PM
Thanks for responding. Skipped or dropped steps sounds reasonable. What would cause this? I had printing the fifth copy of the same STL, one a day with no problems, without any change in hardware setup or configuration or change in USB cables.

Thanks
December 20, 2013 03:52AM
I can only think of two reasons:
1. You are printing on the edge, so a small difference was enough.
2. Crosstalk triggered endstop (requires to have check always on)

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login