Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Host | Extruder calibrated and Extrudes when manualy selected, but when printing nothing happens

Posted by bishupz1 
I am currious if anyone else has ran in to this problem... probably there is a ton of literature surronding the topic, but I can't find what I am doing wrong.

I calibrated the extruder (Greg Wades Extruder) so the 100mm is perfect. In Repetier host I click extrude everything works fine. When I go to print, no filament comes out and the gear doesn't even move (or seem as if it is moving). I have tried altering the multiplier in Slic3r, nothing changes. I have tried adjusting the stepper drive with a little more power, testing the manual extrude button it does the same as before. I have tried alter the e setting in the firmware and nothing happens, durring printing...

Is there something I am missing? I am out of options..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 04:16AM by bishupz1.
Is dry run mode enabled????? winking smiley
I'll check but I don't think it so. It would usually state that on the connection to the controller card. I have seen that with the other card I have.

No, the printer is not working in "Dry Run" mode. I don't see it in the initial connection to the card, and is it not turned on in the "Manual Control" section of Repetier Host.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 05:24PM by bishupz1.
Have you selected the right gcode flavour? Some output extrusion on A axis and not E. Does the gcode have incrementing E values per layer or did you use relative e values in absolute mode?

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
I feel bad saying what the problem was... it was that the size of the print 5mm cube was so small and the reset time for the printer to home and bring the extruder up to temperature the filament (if the filament ozzes out should you turn down the temperature? it is a perfect 4mm strand). So there was no filament being forced out for the befninning of the print. I hit the extrude 5mm before every print and it works somewhat perfect...

Now I am stuck on this part.. I did post it in the "Printing" section of the forum, but I figured I would see if you knew any solution.

I am trying to print the 5mm cube to test all of my calculations.

I calibrated my machine: x,y, & z. they are perfectly 100mm when clicked or other increments are done.
{93.17,87.58,2560.00,892.00}

I have calibrated the first layer and preceeding layer.
Nozzle size 0.4mm
First Layer: 0.2
Layers: 0.4
(there are many variations I have tried..)

I have tried altering the steps for the z-axis and nothing happens.
I am using Repetier Host V0.90c

Does anyone have any advice as to how to accomplish an accurate print after a machine has been calculated? I might be missing something very simple...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login