Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

connection

Posted by Joanna 
connection
May 15, 2014 11:22AM
Hello everyone
I need some help with printer connection. I have the latest version of repetier on windows 8 operating system. I installed the driver for the port and adjusted all the settings but I can't send any jobs directly from the repetier or even use manual commands. The connection seems to work only in one direction. For example it will show me on the screen when the printer is working and printing something from SD card but it doesn't respond to any commands from repetier!
Anyone can help please?
Re: connection
May 15, 2014 12:11PM
Very strange. If you can see the actions taken it would mean you are connected correctly including baudrate. Can you post the log of connection start and tell us what board you are using inside the printer? If you have a printrboard you have to set "Reset on connect" to disabled.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 15, 2014 05:16PM
Change your baud rate, some speeds work, others only partially work, I'm betting this is what you are seeing.

115,200 seems the most consistent.
May 16, 2014 05:33AM
Hello again!
The baud rate is set to 115,200. It only connect with this baud rate. I am using BCP Labs printer but Keith - the guy who builds them is always using Mac. When you connect this printer to any Mac it works straight away but it doesn't seem to work with any PC. BCP Labs is using printrboard as far as I know. But I really don't know how to set "Reset on connect" to disabled it. I don't wanna sound daft but can anyone explain me how to do it 'cause I don't see such an option in printer settings.
Thank you
Joanna
May 18, 2014 04:49AM
Ok, as said Printrboard needs reset on connect disabled. You need the latest host. Open Printer settings and the setting 2 below baud rate is called "Reset on connect". There select Disabled, save and connect. Switch to english if you do not find it in your language.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login