Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gcode into Repetier? newbie

Posted by Replace 
Gcode into Repetier? newbie
August 11, 2014 10:48AM
Hi All,

i am looking to start using Repetier. (Currently I am using Pronterface wit pré sliced files).

I seem not to be able to load a Gcode file and put it on the build plate.
(So I mean, not slicing by Repetier, but loading an already sliced file as GCODE, not STL)

I can load an STL file but that is not what I seek.

How should I do that ?

Thanks Thomas

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
Re: Gcode into Repetier? newbie
August 11, 2014 11:11AM
Simply load the gcode with the Load button in the top toolbar. If extension does not match .stl /.obj / .amf /.3ds it will assume it is gcode and load it.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
August 11, 2014 11:59AM
when I do that, I get this (see screen picture)

So it seems the object is outside the build platform
Also , the move key is not selectable (which is, whenI load STL)

So what else do I need to do ?

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
Attachments:
open | download - Schermafbeelding 2014-08-11 om 17.56.04.png (165 KB)
August 11, 2014 12:12PM
That is perfect and exactly how it is supposed to be.

I know you thought it would be in the middle, but when you sliced it you did not position it there and the host shows where it would get printed. If you would slice it yourself with the host, the host would tell the slicer where to place it correctly. If you run it from the slicer you can also place it. Make sure you have selected a printer setting with bed around 0,0 and not with 0,0 as the lower left edge which was the case in your example.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
August 11, 2014 01:40PM
Thanks for your help

So you mean that I must inform Slic3r on the fact that I am gonna use a Rostock ? (Circular )

i can't see that option. My Printer settings allow a square bed (length and width) as well as a centre position.
When I load my object into the Slic3r, it will position it in that centre. (see image)

So, yes I did expect it to end-up in the centre of the repeater area for Delta.

But if not, what happens when I start printing ?
And Why is the move button disabled ?

Thomas

Attachments:
open | download - Schermafbeelding 2014-08-11 om 19.37.54.png (77.9 KB)
August 11, 2014 01:47PM
As you see in your image the object is centered around 120/105 so yes it gets printed exactly there which will not work.
You need to go to printer and set the Print center to 0,0 then it will slice around your printers center.
I haven't written Slic3r so no idea why move does not work. Perhaps it is only active if you have more then 1 object loaded.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login