Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duration print time info

Posted by strantonio 
Duration print time info
October 05, 2014 08:29AM
Hi all,

I'm using repetier firmware and I need the duration print time on my display during print execution, but I don't know how to get the info from the gcode (i suppose that it could be present inside gcode, I'm using slic3r).
Please, could anybody help me?

Thanks
Re: Duration print time info
October 05, 2014 12:44PM
Slicers do not do this. If you print form Repetier-Host you can enable it in printer settings. Then the host will send display command every x seconds to update printer screen.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
October 06, 2014 03:33AM
Thanks repetier,

You mean that there isn't a way to have this info if you print directly from the sd on board, right?
I though that the duration time was present as info inside the gcode.
Do you think there is a method to get this info in order to implement a strategy to display it without repetier-host?
October 06, 2014 03:35AM
Yes, thats what I mean. Sd printing will for this reason always show percent instead of time.

The only way would be writing a plugin, that inserts the remaining time hardcoded.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
October 06, 2014 05:32AM
Yes, I agree that the only way is write a new plugin (this is my intention) but I don't know where to get the print time for the job (stl, gcode, ....) to print.
I hoped to get the information inside gcode.
Do you know where I could get this info?
October 06, 2014 06:31AM
You have to simulate your printer with all printer settings and run the complete gcode twice. The first time for computing the total time and then in the second run you can subtract run time from total time and insert your M117 commands. Then the resulting gcode contains the time informations. As you see it is a bit time consuming and nees 2 passes, which is why slicers don't include the information natively. It also needs mor eknowledge about your printer configuration for a good estimate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login