Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wrong position values

Posted by PerfectTommy 
Wrong position values
February 23, 2015 01:12PM
I first posted this in the Slic3r thread since it seemed to be a problem with slicing, but now I think it may be a problem with Repetier. I have the settings for my reprap Prusa i3 for a print area of 200x200 with the center at 100, 100, but when I slice an object, which was positioned in the center of the bed, the values for the x and y positions are all off the bed in the 290, 290 range. I tried changing the position of the object to 0, 0 and it worked even though it complained that it was out of the print area. In the object position window the bed starts at 210, 210 instead of the 0, 0 that it should be. Is this what is causing Slic3r to generate wrong values? Is there some way of changing it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2015 01:13PM by PerfectTommy.
Re: Wrong position values
March 03, 2015 06:30AM
You need to make the host know the bed position. So if you start at 0,0 on your printer you see the 0,0 spot in the left lower edge. If not you have defined bed shape wrong, soo printer settings.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 04, 2015 09:34PM
repetier
You need to make the host know the bed position. So if you start at 0,0 on your printer you see the 0,0 spot in the left lower edge. If not you have defined bed shape wrong, soo printer settings.

Yes, I found this after going over the settings again. It seems kind of stupid to me to label the origin point "Bed Left" and "Bed Front" when it might be back right such as mine is. Of course, if I hadn't just blindly entered the settings provided by Folger I may have noticed this sooner. I'm beginning to think the guys at Folger don't know how to set up their own machines.
March 07, 2015 12:00PM
Hi Tommy,
I have been following this problem from slic3r thread and I have the same problem also with a kit I bought from Folger and done on their settings.
Please indicate exactly what you changed in Repetier to fix this.

Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login