Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to upload firmware script to controller board?

Posted by romeo2die 
How to upload firmware script to controller board?
March 24, 2015 10:30AM
Hi guys,

I've finally able to upload the script from arduino 1.0.6 to change the BAUDRATE, but still, my printer is not working, here's my printer & software spec:

1) Reprap Melzi 2.0: Processor: ATMEGA1284P (Sanguino compatible)
2) Repetier Host with Slic3r
3) Firmware EEPROM
4) arduino 1.0.6

I heard we have to play around with the reset button and jumper board on the controller board, but I'm not sure how to do it properly. Can any 3dprinting guru here please guide me?

Thanks & regards
Re: How to upload firmware script to controller board?
March 24, 2015 10:30AM
please help me
March 25, 2015 10:03AM
You may need to change the baud rate in your Repetier Host. Double check that it's set to the same rate you've uploaded to your firmware.

If that's not it, what is or isn't happening when you try to connect?
March 27, 2015 05:17AM
You might also want to upload with changed EEPROM_MODE to overwrite old config baud rate in eeprom, which is the one you need to set. When you have changed it in a second run the first value is still valid until you change the mode as mentioned in firmware installation guide on our homepage.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 27, 2015 12:09PM
Also make sure you have the correct com port selected. You can check in the device manager to look for your Arduino-based board, it'll likely be on some seemingly random com port, eg. com port 18 rather than the default com port 1. Then also make sure you aren't trying to access or connect to the board using other software. ie. if you are connected to the board with Repetier host, you can't also connect to it from the Arduino software.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login