Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Host and slic3r problem and GOOD SOLUTION

Posted by mgros 
Repetier Host and slic3r problem and GOOD SOLUTION
July 08, 2015 12:24PM
With the last Repetier Host version (1.5.0) in a Windows XP I have a problem using sli3r.

After placing the object and configure settings when I click "Slice with sli3r" the repetier program shows an error

Generated G-Code Not Fyawning smileyund

I add you the screen image

the detailed text says:

< 17:48:48.185 : Slic3r command:C:\Archivos de programa\Repetier-Host\Slic3r\slic3r.exe --load "C:\Documents and Settings\Mariano Gros\Configuración local\Datos de programa\RepetierHost\slic3r.ini" --print-center 100,100 -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Mariano Gros\Configuración local\Datos de programa\RepetierHost\composition.gcode" "C:\Documents and Settings\Mariano Gros\Configuración local\Datos de programa\RepetierHost\composition.amf"
< 17:48:51.841 : Cannot find specified configuration file (C:\Documents and Settings\Mariano Gros\Configuración local\Datos de programa\RepetierHost\slic3r.ini).

I have erased all the configuration, reinstall all the programs and still the error.

Only happens with Windows XP with Windows 7 it works OK.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2015 06:20PM by mgros.
Attachments:
open | download - error.JPG (34.2 KB)
Re: Repetier Host and slic3r problem
July 09, 2015 06:41AM
It is a old problem coming back. Slic3r has problems reading the slic3r file from non ascii file path. We have just released 1.5.1 where we set working directory as start directory so we could omit all the path and slic3r is happy again. So please update and it should work.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Repetier Host and slic3r problem and WORSE SOLUTION
July 09, 2015 01:10PM
worse solution

1.5.1 never ends slicers with slic3r in Windows 7 and shows this error (even deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/repetier )

19:02:21.367 : System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Acceso denegado a la ruta de acceso 'C:\Program Files\Repetier-Host\slic3r.ini'.
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
en System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
en System.IO.File.WriteAllLines(String path, String[] contents)
en RepetierHostExtender.utils.IniFile.Write(String path, Boolean writeSectionNames)
en RepetierHost.view.slicer.Slic3rInstance.Slice(String[] files, String output)

1.5.1 Works in Windows XP only if you delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/repetier
Re: Repetier Host and slic3r problem and WORSE SOLUTION
July 09, 2015 02:03PM
Thanks for the fast feedback. In my test environment it worked but in production environment I was also able to get the error. Should now be fixed in 1.5.2.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Repetier Host and slic3r problem and GOOD SOLUTION
July 09, 2015 06:20PM
1.5.2 Now everything works OK

Good JOB

Many Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2015 06:20PM by mgros.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login