Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware not connecting to Repetier host v1.0.6 for Extra Extruders

Posted by dmk123 
Firmware not connecting to Repetier host v1.0.6 for Extra Extruders
April 29, 2015 12:35PM
Hello guys,

I'm trying to connect an MSP4305529 board with 6 pololu drv 8825 drivers, 3 for the x,y,z axis and 3 for extruders (2 of them are dual extruders) on Repetier host using RAMPS 1.4. The code i'm using only connects with the original x,y,z, and 1 extruder 'e' even after I defined the extra extruders on the code, in all the headers as well. I'm been trying to find a way to get all 3 extruders to work, by defining them in the configuration header and trying to activate eeprom, but for some reason I think repetier is not reading those changes. When using repetier host, I already defined the extra extruders in both the printer setting and slicer, and when I switch to another extruder, it moves only that first extruder no mater what I change. I'm new to this and was hoping someone can help me with this issue. I have attached all the files for the code I'm modifying. Also I'm using energia v15 to upload the firmware onto my msp430, if that matters.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2015 01:25PM by dmk123.
Attachments:
open | download - TIDM_3D_PRINTERPACK_6Drivers.ino (33.8 KB)
open | download - configuration.h (3 KB)
open | download - custom.cpp (5.9 KB)
open | download - pins.h (4.6 KB)
open | download - ThermistorTable.h (2.5 KB)
open | download - custom.h (1.9 KB)
Re: Firmware not connecting to Repetier host v1.0.6 for Extra Extruders
May 05, 2015 12:53PM
Are you sure this post belongs here? Please, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to lecture you about forum usage, but I'm afraid no-one reading these posts will be able to help you. I have never heard of the solution you use, but I found it very interesting, so I am now reading all the TI articles I can find. Which is very little, this is all I could find about "3D Printerpack": [www.ti.com]. The links in it are pretty much dead. Would you have a few links to help with my "research"? I might give it it try, I never used TI microcontrollers.

I would think this is an issue with your firmware (but not Repetier firmware obviously). Have you tried controlling your board "manually" (with G and M codes from a terminal, rather than Repetier Host), just to see where the problem really is? You could also enable "echo" in Repetier Host, and analyze the log file (C:\Users\\AppData\Local\RepetierHost\repetier.log), you can see what codes it sends to the board, and what answers it gets.

Cheers,
Miki.
May 08, 2015 10:55AM
Hello Miki,

Yeah I realized that Repetier wasn't the issue after all, but thanks for the reply anyways. Yes, the issue is within the firmware, I'm not really sure how to update it at the moment. The only link I got for you would be this [www.ti.com], it was only meant for basic 3D printing functions for the MSP4305529, I'm currently trying to build on that.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 11:03AM by dmk123.
June 11, 2015 05:26AM
I just stumbled upon this board on the TI website, and asked myself whether somebody is already using it.
So I found this post.
Obviously you can't buy this board anywhere, and I also don't see much of an advantage over an Arduino Due or STM32 based setup.

How does it run?
August 01, 2015 08:56PM
Hello uhrheber,

The board we created works as it should, we are trying to improve what TI started by targeting a different market. It functions as a boosterpack for the MSP4305529, which is pretty cheap, and this boosterpack/drivers are not very expensive either. The idea was to create a cost effective product that will be used for general 3D printering and more if you want to, since this is all open source. A kickstarter was just launched promoting this idea, more information can be found here [www.kickstarter.com]

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login