Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta on v0.92 Calibration Issues

Posted by trademark.designs 
Delta on v0.92 Calibration Issues
November 19, 2015 01:51PM
So I'm having issues understanding why Repetier does some things. I'm trying to get a big delta calibrated. It prints like it is way out of calibration somewhere, but in no way that I can physically measure (i.e all the rods are the same length, towers are square and straight, etc). So I'm going through calibration steps to adjust the rod length and delta radius in eeprom to get level prints that are dimensionally accurate.

I'm getting close, but weird things keep happening. I'll do a test print, and see that I need to adjust one of the arm lengths my a small amount - 0.5mm. I make the adjustment in eeprom, save the settings, and try to print again. All of a sudden, the print head is printing 5mm above the print surface. Can anybody explain why a small change like that would make such a drastic change in where Repetier thinks the bed is? Sometimes I can run a G32 S2 to probe the bed again and it works, sometimes I run G32 S2 and it still prints well above the print bed.

Also, I've gone through the steps to use G132 to set the endstop offsets, and as stated above G32 to probe the bed for level there. After doing numerous rod length adjustments and radius adjustments, my printer is acting badly after it homes. G28 homes all three towers and I can see it minutely adjust for the endstop offsets (less than 0.5 on two of the towers). If I then ask the printer to lower the print head by any amount - 0.1mm even - the Y and Z carriages drop by 7-8mm immediately, and it sounds like the X carriage tries to travel up into it's endstop again. If I continue going down, NOTHING moves until I move more than 1mm, and then the X carriage starts moving. 3mm later the Z carriage starts going down, and 4mm after that the Y carriage finally starts moving and now I have all three moving down the Z axis. This can't be correct, and wasn't the case before I started trying to get my printer to print square.

What would cause the printer to act like this? Are some of the delta variables being used improperly and effecting things they shouldn't? If there's anything else I can share about my printer that would help anyone help me out, let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Delta on v0.92 Calibration Issues
December 14, 2015 03:12PM
Did you ever resolve your issue? If not, you might try posting to the Delta forums instead for help, as it shouldn't necessarily be a Repetier issue.

Also, I believe all the arms are supposed to be the same length, so I am not sure you can just adjust one by 0.5mm, but I haven't looked at Repetier FW in a long time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login