Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D starter

Posted by andyron72 
3D starter
July 05, 2013 08:38AM
Hi
looking at purchasing the Mendel90 due to excellent feedback from users and a proven kit. Anybody know if nophead is around i sent an email a few days ago asking some stuff about the kit and have not had a reply as yet. I understand he may be busy or there may be a problem with mail etc. Does anybody know availability of kits and what sort of warranty on parts etc?

Also how easy is the calibration and use of the software etc, had a quick look and there seems to be a lot of variables but i would imagine thats half the fun of it to be honest.

Any help or advice appreciated before i make my purchase
Anonymous User
Re: 3D starter
July 05, 2013 10:25AM
I always had responses to mail within hours at most. Did you use the adress at [forums.reprap.org] ?
When I bought mine a couple of weeks ago availablitiy was instant.
The calibration and software use seemd quite straight forward to me. I would thoroughly recommend the kit from Nophead.
July 05, 2013 10:43AM
Hi
yes i used his gmail address from his signature??? maybe i will try again this evening. I suppose he could be away on holiday or something.
July 05, 2013 12:58PM
Hi Andy,
Your email from yesterday was deemed to be spam by Google. I don't know why it has started getting the odd false positive on emails asking to buy kits. Normally spam is people trying to sell, not buy.

My wife is replying now.

Calibration is much simpler with a kit because the only variables between instances are the exact nozzle height and the exact number of steps to feed 100mm of filament.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 06, 2013 04:41AM
thanks got reply. just in process of getting funds together then will be ordering, your wife said there were 2 kits left, if these go how long would i expect to wait to receive one???

Thanks again

Andy
July 06, 2013 09:20AM
At the moment we dispatch next day after cleared payment. If we get a sudden rush, or run out of parts it might be longer.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Anonymous User
July 06, 2013 06:16PM
Mine was on the van a few hours after paying. I think I will need another one soon :-)
August 21, 2013 02:29PM
@andyron72

How did you get on? Have you got the kit? Built it?

I am in the same position as you by the sounds of things. I am just getting the funds together at present and hope to place an order in the next week or so. The waiting is killing me.

I am a newbie to 3D too. I was originally looking at getting the Velleman K8200, but the problems surfacing in the forums have put me off. The Mendel90 looks like an excellent alternative and I think it will actually be a lot better from what I have read so far, and the price is better too.

Have you got any tips or suggestions for someone going through the same process but a fews weeks behind you?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login