Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SF Interface Confusion

Posted by neuport 
SF Interface Confusion
September 25, 2013 12:26AM
I am using SF with the GUI. Anytime I change a setting on one of the tabs it appears to be immediately saved to the current profile selection so that the next time I open SF or change between the profiles, I am presented not with the profiles created by Nophead but by the state of the profile last time I used it. Likewise, when I open SF it presents the name of the last STL I sliced in the top of the window. This is driving me crazy as it seems a sure way to go from good profiles to chaos very quickly.

I would expect that if I make changes and want to save them, I would be given an option (for example by using ADD on the Profile tab) to save the changes to a new profile or overwrite the current one. But instead, it seems to overwrite immediately with no way to go back to the original profile other than recopying Nopheads alterations and profiles into the .skeinforge folder to overwrite the changes back to the original.

Am I missing something basic?
Re: SF Interface Confusion
September 25, 2013 01:19AM
My work around for now is as follows. I reverted the .skeinforge folder back to the nophead provided files.

Now, launch SF, if no changes are needed just use the nophead PLA0.2 or PLA0.3. If you want to experiment or otherwise create a new profile, first go to Profiletongue sticking out smileyrofile..., Select the profile to be copies, Type in a new descriptive name, Add Profile. Experiment without having to keep clearing the .skeinforge folder for fear of changing something important and forgetting to change it back.

Please let me know if this isn't right.
September 27, 2013 06:38AM
Yes that is correct. Any changes affect the currently selected profile so if you don't want to change those you create a new profile based on the closest one.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
September 27, 2013 04:02PM
Thanks for confirming
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login