Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i cant upload firmware

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
i cant upload firmware
January 19, 2014 06:36AM
i have the original nopehead dibond M90 here and tried to upload firmware, but i get an error message:

avrdude: stk500 _getsync() : not in sync: resp-0x1f

any ideas about that ?
Re: i cant upload firmware
January 19, 2014 07:25AM
Often this can be caused by not having the auto-reset jumper installed. Without this Ardiuno cannot reset the Melzi.

If you have the auto-reset jumper installed, it could be a more basic communication problem. Can you communicate with the printer using your preferred host program?

I see this message occasionally on a working communication setup. Performing the Upload a second time usually resolves the error.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Anonymous User
January 19, 2014 07:42AM
auto jumper is in, second jumper on VREG.
i can controll the printer via printeface, but when i upload new firmware i get that message.

so i cant make changes now on my firmware.
January 19, 2014 09:39AM
The USB port must be working so the only thing it can be missing is the reset (assuming you have the right board and port selected). You could try pressing the reset button just as it starts the download.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 09:42AM by nophead.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Anonymous User
January 19, 2014 09:47AM
you mean i should click "upload" in andruino and than press the resetbutton on the sanguino while its uploading ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 09:48AM by Repper.
Anonymous User
January 19, 2014 10:45AM
Hello Nopehead,

i tryed this here :

"Arduino may return the following error when attempting to load firmware:
avrdude: stk500_getsync():not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51
workaround
To resolve for boards older than Rev 1.3a, hold the reset button on your Sanguinololu for about 10 seconds. While still holding the button, try to upload the firmware again (File --> Upload to Board). Let go of the reset button as soon as Arduino reports, "Binary sketch size: ###### bytes (of a 63488 byte maximum)". The firmware should now be accepted."

but no chance. i cannot upload the firmware.
heating the hotend, bed, moving all directions works fine. but i cant change nothing in firmware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 10:45AM by Repper.
January 19, 2014 12:00PM
Have you set the Board type and COM port correctly? Are you using nophead's code from GitHub and have you copied his Melzi folder into your Arduino hardware folder?

It might just be a case that your Arduino environment is not quite set-up correctly and you could have the wrong board type selected or be communicating at the wrong baud rate for the Melzi.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Anonymous User
January 19, 2014 12:03PM
i use the original software from the USB STick from Nopehead.
i have set the correct port. in pronterface there is a good connection.
Its all about uploading firmware

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 12:06PM by Repper.
January 19, 2014 12:13PM
What Board and COM Port do you have selected in Arduino?

Pronterface and Arduino are separate pieces of software and one can have a problem independent of the other.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Anonymous User
January 19, 2014 12:21PM
the port i have selcted is COM 11, same port i use with priterface.
the board is: SanguinoW/ATMEGA1284p 16mhz
January 19, 2014 12:26PM
Using nophead's firmware environment, the Board should be Melzi W/ ATmega1284p 16mhz. If you are unable to select this device from the available boards then this is probably the cause of your problem.

Did you copy the Marlin/Melzi folder to "My Documents\Arduino\hardware"? If you have done this then Melzi should be available as a Board type.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Anonymous User
January 19, 2014 12:38PM
the board is: SanguinoW/ATMEGA1284p 16mhz

as i wrote a post before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 12:38PM by Repper.
January 19, 2014 12:44PM
And that, I believe, is the problem.

If you are using a nophead kit with Melzi electronics then the firmware supplied on the SD Card should have a Melzi folder which gives you the choice of Melzi with either a 644p 8mhz or 1284p 16mhz.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Anonymous User
January 19, 2014 12:52PM
but i have the choice:

have a look
[imgur.com]
January 19, 2014 01:45PM
So select the Melzi W/ Atmega1284p 16mhz from the top of that menu not the Sanguino entry.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Anonymous User
January 19, 2014 01:54PM
thats it, im so st***d.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

neildarlow, thank you so much thumbs up
January 19, 2014 02:00PM
That is OK! Often when you have been struggling with a problem for a while you can overlook the obvious.

Fortunately, for a Sunday, I was able to help between cooking the dinner, walking the dog and assisting our child with his mathematics homework.

We are indeed a great community here winking smiley

Enjoy your Mendel90.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login