Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z not moving during print II

Posted by 111oct111 
Z not moving during print II
February 04, 2014 12:38PM
Hi,
I'm posting this as a last resort, since I tried everything I could to solve my problem, searched here and all.
I finished building my mendel90, using ramps1.4. My tool chain includes repetier firmware, repetier host and
slic3r.
I've found this thread, the closest thing to my problem:
[forums.reprap.org]

Whenever I try to print or dryrun, Z does not move in the positive direction. it stays in the inicial layer height for the rest of the print.

My Mendel90 is slightly over dimensioned, X230 Y230 and Z220mm, but I'm using a regular 200x200mm
heated printbed (MKIIA), so my dimensions are set according to Nophead instructions, on repetier host and firmware:

This makes the printhead sit perfectly at the center of the printbed, right on top of the thermistor when at 0,0,0 coordinates.

So, I have full control over my 3 axis, I can manually move and home properly X, Y and Z.
My Z endstop is at the max position (220mm) - top of the gantry. M119 returns the correct L when not triggered on all 3 endstops,
as you can see in the picture.

Things I tried:
1) - setting the software Z min endstop to false - did not work , Z would go past the 0 coordinate and crash at the glass.
2) - tests with the total z length and home position. no dice
3) - tests with the endstop pullups - no dice, and they seem to be working properly
4) - checked for over current and overheating on driver for z - everything is triple checked, running properly, cooled with heat sink and fan. Cool and smooth. Manually running fine and calibrated.

My configuration.h:
Configuration.h
and since I have eeprom enabled on repetier FW:

I'm sorry to crosspost this, but I'll replicate this message on Repetier's subforum to see if more people have any clues.
Thanks
OCT
Re: Z not moving during print II
February 04, 2014 03:54PM
and now it is working. Nevermind!
I changed Z_home_pos to 0 instead of 220 and TA-DA!
total trial and error.
It still eludes why it was returning the right values when using M114.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login