Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New feature: Enhanced SD card handling

Posted by neildarlow 
New feature: Enhanced SD card handling
March 14, 2014 06:35PM
EDIT: Posted as a New Topic in error. Copied into the Updated Marlin customized for Mendel90 thread.

Hi All,

I have added a new feature to this firmware. Currently it is enabled for MELZI and Panelolu2 only but instructions are given later for those with other hardware who are willing to test.

This feature provides enhanced SD card handling as follows:

1) If SD Card support is enabled and an LCD panel is connected then the SD Card may be placed in either SD Card slot.
2) If SD Card support is enabled but the LCD panel is not connected then the controller SD Card slot may be used.

The LCD panel SD card slot is checked before the controller board SD card slot. In the event that both SD card slots contain a card then the LCD panel SD card slot will take precedence.

Customizing for other hardware:

Marlin provides a #define named SDSS which specifies the SD card select pin.
Each controller board definition in pins.h sets this #define but the LCD panel definition may assign a different value to SDSS.
I have introduced another #define named MB_SDSS which should be set to the value of SDSS normally assigned by the controller board definition.

An example:

The SDSS definition for MELZI is 31
The Panelolu2 definition redefines SDSS to 30
MB_SDSS should be defined as 31

The logic that tests MB_SDSS checks that it differs from SDSS before attempting to access the SD card slot controlled by MB_SDSS. This means that configurations where MB_SDSS is undefined, or the SDSS pin is shared by both SD card slots, will not be affected by this change.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 06:41PM by neildarlow.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login