Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle knocking over Skeinforge support material

Posted by neildarlow 
Nozzle knocking over Skeinforge support material
April 09, 2014 11:06AM
Hi,

I have been exploring Skeinforge's support material recently and learned a lot about how to control it but I have one problem left to solve.

I have a case that I am printing which requires internal support. I have determined how to specify the width, spacing and extent of the support material and disabled the extra nozzle lift that accompanies support material by default.

The problem I have is that during the course of printing the nozzle moves over the support material and, because of its weak nature, it knocks the top of the support material and it detaches from the bed then topples into an adjacent piece of support material.

Is there any way of forcing Skeinforge to avoid moving over the support material (I have Comb enabled), or lifting the head a little while it does, so that I can avoid this happening in future.

Please do not suggest I use Slic3r. I have been following it through the recent RCs and 1.0.0 final release. When I slice this model with Slic3r, and view the GCode in gCodeViewer, it only appears to output support material every three, sometimes two, layers which seems somewhat broken to me.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2014 11:07AM by neildarlow.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Re: Nozzle knocking over Skeinforge support material
April 09, 2014 12:42PM
Have you tried enabling hop? That should lift Z on all moves.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: Nozzle knocking over Skeinforge support material
April 09, 2014 02:47PM
Hi Chris,

That seems to be what I am looking for and you get a mention in the description too. I will give that a try and see if it helps.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login