Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

x-axis problems after changing few parts...

Posted by weirdgod 
x-axis problems after changing few parts...
April 12, 2014 05:06AM
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my M90 with new x-ends and new belt, as nophead described on his blog... After putting everything together, and calibrating it, I get weird errors while printing in X-axis. See album with pictures below... These x-axis erorrs are different every time, sometimes jump is to left, other time to right... really weird.Y-axis is perfect - see smooth walls on rectangular object in pics...

[imgur.com]

I tried several things, but results remain the same:
tightening the belt
changing the pulley
tightening the grub screw on pulley (pulley does not move - i've marked position with marker, and after print its still on the exact same spot, and holds tight)..
moved the pulley further on the motor shaft / closer to the motor shaft (so that belt would not touch the border on idler - and it does not seem to)...

I have default firmware, with nopheads "slowed-down" XY-accelerations, 4000->2000..

At this moment I am at the loss, of what to do, any any suggestions is welcomed.

thanks,
Jaka
Re: x-axis problems after changing few parts...
April 12, 2014 08:28AM
Hi Jaka

I have had the same issues with the prints by the looks of the pictures. My fix was to properly align the belt pulley (motor side) so that it always stayed in the middle. Since you have been trying this i don't know if this will help, but i just wanted to put emphasis on it because it is important. Hope it works!

Bjarke
Re: x-axis problems after changing few parts...
April 12, 2014 08:44AM
If the steps are always multiples of 2.5mm then the belt is slipping a tooth on the pulley, which means it is not tight enough.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login