Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about adding LCD screen

Posted by scubaguy 
Question about adding LCD screen
December 08, 2014 07:42PM
I recently built a Mendel90 and it is working fantastic!

I want to add an LCD screen/sd card reader though. Primarily because I seem to get the occasional hiccup or brief pause when my computer decides to do something like shut off the screen, or in general do something in the background I don't want it to.

I'm using a Sanguinololu board, and I have performed the fan mod, involving hooking up the logic level mosfet to pin 4 to get fan control.

I see this lcd screen/sd card reader for $15 [www.ebay.com]

However the connector wants to take up all of the pins, including the ones I used for the fan mod. Anyone know if I can do some soldering and tie my fan mod into this connector, and have them work without conflicts, or will this lcd screen cause a conflict with pin 4? Also will there be any software conflicts? I remember Neildarlow had to do some tinkering with firmware to get a Panelolu to work. Unsure if this lcd screen is the same as the panelolu or not

Or is there a better way to go about getting a sd card reader/lcd hooked up? Thanks.
Re: Question about adding LCD screen
December 09, 2014 01:02PM
It's hard to say as there seems to be no information as to what it actually is or which pins it uses. Ask Geeetech for a Schematic.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: Question about adding LCD screen
December 09, 2014 05:50PM
Hi,

The Panelolu2 works with a number of controller boards one of which is the Sanguinololu.

I believe the adapter board will already have two mosfets attached to the pins commonly used to drive fans etc. It is a more expensive solution than your eBaY item but should do what you want.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login