Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend Meltdown

Posted by minimales 
Hotend Meltdown
December 20, 2014 04:08AM
Hi everyone,

I was printing a few presents at 0.125 mm layer height with the j-head and I wonder what happend. Might the noozle became blocked by contamination within the filament? I can see small holes in the base of the previous object, but only on the bottom, the rest is looking great, thereforce I did not inspect the hotend.

I hope I can grap a replacement for the hotend before christmas. Should have really bought a spare.

Ingo
Attachments:
open | download - 20141220-IMG_1618.jpg (335.6 KB)
open | download - 20141220-IMG_1619.jpg (282.5 KB)
open | download - 20141220-IMG_1621.jpg (365.1 KB)
Re: Hotend Meltdown
December 20, 2014 09:11AM
I feel happy, the hotend did not push the PLA trough the thread like I expected or melt, I managed to dismantle the hotend and its working again. But yes, there was some obstruction and this must have messed up the print and detached the print and the stuff got wrapped around the head to a giant melted blob of three meters of PLA.

After flushing half a meter through it at 220 Degrees and pulling it out at lower temperatures I could remove the dirt inside the melting chamber. Now it doesn't curl up anymore when pushing filament mid air trough it.

Case close, anyway I will look for some spare here, as my second printer ist not complete by now its better to keep an backup for everything.

Ingo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login