Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Missing doodah

Posted by plankton 
Missing doodah
January 02, 2015 06:53PM
As I may have already mentioned, I'm sourcing parts for my M90 Sturdy. I thought I had everything covered, then I came to the PTFE tube for the spool holder, and noticed it is 750mm long (I had just assumed it was a short length used as a guide near the spool holder, probably because main.scad shows a simplified view like that), 750mm is long enough to connect to the extruder, but I can't find any mention of that in the build manual. Further digging turned up the picture on this page, which shows the PTFE tube connecting via the aforementioned "doodah", to the extruder.

So my question is, where is doodah.scad for this part, or was the doodah discontinued? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

If it was discontinued, is the tube just supposed to butt up against the extruder, or does it fix somehow?
Re: Missing doodah
January 02, 2015 08:45PM
I think it was discontinued. My PTFE tube just buts up against the top of the extruder. After a lot of abusive treatment by me that end of the ptfe tube is looking a bit scruffy... But this seams to have no detrimental effect on the way it prints. I think the doodah was in the erlyer github revisions... But I can't remember what it was called...
Re: Missing doodah
January 03, 2015 05:58AM
Do a search of this forum for ferrule. I recall posting a design a long time ago.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login