Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r Leaves Gaps in 100% Infill

Posted by AndrewW09 
Slic3r Leaves Gaps in 100% Infill
January 19, 2015 02:56PM
In my settings for slic3r I have set my nozzle diameter to .4 and layer height to .2. When the object gets sliced slic3r leaves gaps in between 100% infill. I have printed a couple of parts and there is gaps between the infill. Please help.
Re: Slic3r Leaves Gaps in 100% Infill
January 19, 2015 04:10PM
Hi,

The interior of an object can only be completely filled if the dimensions are such that an integral number of line widths will fit exactly into the space.

In practice this is rarely achieved but can be mitigated by using an infill that alternates by e.g. 90 degrees on each layer. This permits a good degree of infill to be achieved throughout the object.

A shortfall of infill where the lines meet the perimeter, leading to repeated gaps only at the perimeter, is usually indicative of insufficient extrusion. This might be caused by incorrect E_STEPS_PER_MM calibration or the use of an extrusion multiplier which reduces the material output excessively.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Re: Slic3r Leaves Gaps in 100% Infill
January 20, 2015 01:21AM
i had this issue for a while and battled it for nothing... come to find out its the extruder step per MM that are off... i re-calibrated from scratch, and viola, perfect every time..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login