Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel90 missing steps

Posted by Mendel90 FAN 
Mendel90 missing steps
February 14, 2015 04:24AM
I need to print a new extruder for my Mendel90
Unfortunately during the print it misses steps in the X or Y
I print the model with 100% fill but the printer oscillates heavely during filling in small corners and I think then it will miss steps.
I reduced the printing speed and infill speed from 60 to 50 mm/s
Please help me out what to do
Re: Mendel90 missing steps
February 14, 2015 05:50AM
Hi,

You can't practically achieve 100% infill. Decrease it to maybe 98% or less. I printed my current Wades block at 67% infill as I recall.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
February 14, 2015 06:55AM
Yes I never go above 95% fill so it could be due to the nozzle dragging.

Other than that you might have the acceleration set too high if you are not using the firmware provided or the current set too low if you are not using the Melzi originally supplied with the original kit.

There aren't many thin sections in the extruder block so it isn't the type of object one would expect problems due to high speed zig-zags. Also Y is normally the axis to skip first when the acceleration is too high. For them both to skip on such a chunky shape is very odd.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
February 15, 2015 10:13AM
Again you were right: it was the Y axis skipping....

About the firmware, this is what my Mendel90 says;

Connecting...
start
Printer is now online.
echo:Marlin: 1.0.0 RC2
echo: Last Updated: Aug 29 2013 18:47:29 | Author: nophead
echo: Free Memory: 12982 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
echo:Using Default settings:
echoconfused smileyD card ok
>>>M115
SENDING:M115
FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin V1; Sprinter/grbl mashup for gen6 FIRMWARE_URL:[www.mendel-parts.com] PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:Mendel EXTRUDER_COUNT:1

COM27@250000

Please advice about the setting..
I'm a bit affraid changing something in the firmware because I'm happy that the printer is quite steady....
I'm a big Arduino fan so I have some electronics and software skills
February 15, 2015 10:48AM
I can't tell what the settings are from the startup message.

These are the lines in the configuration that set the acceleration
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      {2000,2000,150,5000}    // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          2000    // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves

This was changed on Sept 24 2013 but the date shown is when it was loaded into the Melzi, not when it was last modified. Anyway if your firmware hasn't been loaded since before that change it is unlikely to include it.

See [github.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 10:50AM by nophead.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login