Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for likemind reprap to start building

Posted by phon xay 
Hi;

I just saw this forum but I have been follow the development Reprap since the beginning. I am looking forward to meet any like mind to start building Reprap - please contact me if you are interested.

smileys with beer
Anonymous User
Re: Looking for likemind reprap to start building
November 15, 2007 06:42AM
Phon xay,
Where are you located??
I am in Sydney, seven hills are

BarryGlen
Anonymous User
March 10, 2008 05:40AM
G'day
I am looking to get involved in making a RepRap this year. Glad to see a user group in Sydney. I live near Pennant Hills

Just in the throws of putting together a parts list for the latest version.

Any ideas?

David
I notice you can buy the Gold version from the RepRap website for about $900 AUD.

Anyone know if this one works well as i don't have the patience to bugfix.

Looking to mod it to do metal as well.

Am living in the inner west if anyone wants to go for a beer and discuss opportunities.

cheers,
DavidB
July 03, 2008 09:37PM
Waiting on my Silver kit from BfB and I have word that it will be here in a short while (ordered early June). I will let you know how they go once I have time to put it all together and test, but I have seen positive feedback throughout the forums, which is why I went with them instead of trying to strap my self all the way up.

Would take you up on going for a beer, but I'm in Melbourne. Also, I hope you noticed that the kits from BfB are mechanical components only and that you will need to pick up the electronics (or DIY!) separately.

Cheers,
Bob
Hi Robert,
Just checked this forum (it's been a while) to find you might already have one now?
Is all going well?
I will contact u before coming to Melb for that beer..! But probably won't be for quite a while.
Thanks for the DIY electronics.. scary, but I have some beer paid friends who might help me.
Hey I'm interested in you making some parts for me, no matter how rough, I need to show some people who can help invest.
Best regards and good luck mate.!
cheers,
DavidB
August 19, 2008 03:29AM
Ah yes, I have been meaning to reply to this post - thanks for reminding me. I do indeed have my BfB Silver kit. It is pretty good, but given that half of the cost would have gone to shipping and the components you can pick up at any hardware store, I'd say you are better off ordering the extruder kit and the lasercut parts from Ian and spending an afternoon at Bunnings with a list of everything else. It will certainly save you at least $100 in shipping that way...

*Disclaimer* I haven't fully assembled the kit yet, but the parts I have put together, including the extruder head, have been spot on and everything else looks very good.

As to the other part, I'm happy to send you some of the first parts I get printed. I have the final bits of electronics coming from the States this week (messed up my initial order a little, couldn't source everything from Jaycar) and apart from a quick assembly of the rest of the structural parts, I should be good to go. So if you are an optimist, work doesn't kill me in the next few weeks, everything goes according to plan, and I stay in town for a few weekends in a row, you might be looking at 3 weeks?

Oh, and as for ordering the electronics... rrrf second gen electronics kit is only $150 (iirc) and has everything you need. It wasn't available when I ordered, but would be much easier than DIY.

Cheers,
Bob
Thanks Bob,
I am trying to use the parts for low volume manufacturing, but have to show a few around firstly, we can discuss when you're happy that you have nice parts. What do you want to use it for?
I am interested in getting the PLA material too, biodegradable.. yay.
cheers,

maybe email me at
DavidB@exemail.com.au
Good answer, I am looking for the solution of the same question. Find the movies or mp3 you are looking for at search-free-mp3.com the most comprehensive source for free-to-try files downloads on the Web
October 31, 2009 09:01PM
I'm a bit of a latecomer to reprap, but I'm keen to build one and see what it can do. I think I've probably lucked in because Mendel has arrived and I really like the look of it. I think I'd be able to build a lot of it, and I've found that Bunnings have galvanised studding suitable for the frame, and suitable leadscrew studding is available from a fastener supplier near where I work. I'm sourcing some steppers off ebay, but I think I'll hold off on the electronics because I've got a suitable driver board already. David, I'm also inner west, Homebush. Have you continued or progressed any?

Murray
Hi all, I have followed RepRap for a while, and built 75% of a McWire Repstrap before deciding it wasn't suitable for what I intend to do, so I started [www.cubespawn.com] to build machines that'll handle a wider range of materials, and stack together for more complex fabrication.

At present its borrowing heavily from the RepRap for electronics and software, but- its only a 2 month old garage project at this point.
You may find it interesting...

Cheers
James
December 18, 2009 07:19PM
i've been drooling over the mendal for a while as i'm a stopmotion animator... finally starting sourcing out all the materials.

I am good at mould making/casting and was thinking If i can get my hands on the parts I could easily make silicone moulds and re-cast them in resin...

using this method I could produce sets of parts every 10 minutes.

and that's assuming resin would be a suitable material, I don't see why not it's just like very hard plastic.
January 21, 2010 04:35AM
Am in Minchinbury, am doing my planning for a repstrap.
Anyone for a get together at a pub for a Saturday night? Toongabbie or Colyton?

30 Jan 2010?
January 22, 2010 03:54PM
OK guess not.
February 01, 2010 03:53PM
Hi Ron,

I am in the process of building a RepStrap at the moment. I am based in the Lower North Shore (Wollstonecraft) of Sydney. I would be happy to have a chat through with you on where I am at with my build. (Mostly lacking in free time to work on it!). And perhaps we can assist each other in finding suitable suppliers for the various parts that are required to get a project like this off the ground.

Cheers

Ferg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login