Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Options for new post view

Posted by annodomini2 
Options for new post view
June 26, 2009 07:54AM
I respect that there are threads relating to the forum software and this may already have been covered.

Is it possible to have an option to bring updated threads to the top of the list?

Reason being, some of the forums have lots of pages and as a result the new posts may be on page 25 for example, but you have to search the forum to find them, this is very inconvenient.

It may be the design of the software used, but if we can make it selectable, those who are happy with the current format can continue using it in this fashion and those who are not can change it in their profile settings.

Anno
Re: Options for new post view
June 26, 2009 09:05AM
That is exactly how they are ordered at the moment, they are sorted by the date of the last post. At least that is how I see them.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 28, 2009 02:04PM
Mine don't reorder, I may have missed an option, but I believe i've tried everything in forum settings
June 28, 2009 03:25PM
So, for example, you don't see the Skeinforge Powwow near the top of the software forum? A very old thread with a recent post. The only one above it in my view is a sticky post.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 28, 2009 11:35PM
When you goto "My Control Center" -> "Forum Settings", what are "thread override - list" and "thread override - read" set to? Default, Threaded, or Flat?

With threaded, the new posts in a topic come after the old posts in a topic, so I could see how they'd be hard to find.

Note: if you switch the setting, you also have to click the "Submit" button to make it take. I only mention it because I missed it when I was fooling around and seeing what would happen when I switch the setting.
July 02, 2009 08:03AM
kitep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you goto "My Control Center" -> "Forum
> Settings", what are "thread override - list" and
> "thread override - read" set to? Default,
> Threaded, or Flat?
>
> With threaded, the new posts in a topic come after
> the old posts in a topic, so I could see how
> they'd be hard to find.
>
> Note: if you switch the setting, you also have to
> click the "Submit" button to make it take. I only
> mention it because I missed it when I was fooling
> around and seeing what would happen when I switch
> the setting.

Currently they are set to default, I am aware of the other settings and the submit button, but it didn't appear to resolve the situation.
July 02, 2009 08:12AM
Please see the attached image which is a screen dump of me in the forum.
Attachments:
open | download - Screen dump.PNG (114.8 KB)
VDX
July 02, 2009 08:17AM
Hi Anno,

... its sorted correctly with descending "last post", not with "unread posts" ...

Viktor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login