Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spam and forum layout changes

Posted by Cefiar 
Spam and forum layout changes
June 07, 2010 05:58AM
1. Spam. I reported 4 (I think) posts that all appear to be spam. Could this have to do with changes that were done re: Image embedding in posts?

2. I've noticed the forum layout has changed so we're got the "Green" bar at the top again instead of the all-over white one I see on the main page at http://forums.reprap.org/ . Is this intentional, or once again related to changes that were done re: Image embedding in posts.

BTW: I have no problem with the "Green" skin, except that I lose about 30% of the width of my browser window to "white space" on the left/right. With long posts and some of the big threads, this makes a marked difference to the amount of scrolling one does, even at 1920x1200 (in my case).

Note: If it bugs me enough and doesn't get changed, I'll write a greasemonkey script to fix it for me.
Re: Spam and forum layout changes
June 08, 2010 02:35AM
Is there a way to change the skin preference back to the wide blue one? Most boards seem to allow the user to choose what skin looks best. I looked in my prefs pane, but this does not seem to be an option for skin preference.

Also noticed a lot more spam lately ...
Re: Spam and forum layout changes
June 08, 2010 08:10AM
Yeah I've been doing my bit and reporting any spam posts, but not sure if anyone has acted on them yet. Even saw one in Russian today!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login