Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y Axis suddenly reversed... ????? 1 step forward 2 steps back :-(

Posted by gregstah 
Y Axis suddenly reversed... ????? 1 step forward 2 steps back :-(
January 05, 2014 02:42AM
Suddenly my Y Axis is going the opposite way of what it should be?

• I have not changed the wiring
  • I have checked that the wiring is correct in case I bumped something.
  • I have restarted a number of times
  • I have upgraded to the latest firmware (RepRapFirmware-050-30-12-2013.bin) in case of some sort of corruption (If that's Possible)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 02:43AM by gregstah.
Re: Y Axis suddenly reversed... ????? 1 step forward 2 steps back :-(
January 05, 2014 03:19AM
Ignore this, it turns out the grub screw had fallen out of stepper motor, there was slippage but oddly it seemed to create the above effect... which frankly I think I'm imagining since I can't see why it would do that.

G
January 05, 2014 03:29AM
Good outcome!
It may have been confusing with movement due to vibration, or the grub screw could have been binding occasionally.
I read your post earlier and could not think of anything to add as you had a good check list of things.
January 06, 2014 06:51AM
I have just had these exact symptoms. I had disturb the wiring whilst I was replacing a part. When I switched back on the Y axis seemed to be reversed. On further investigation I found that the y axis was homeing in the wrong direction and eventually hitting the - y stop. But it was ok if I moved the bed in either direction using pronterface. On investigation I found one of the wires detached from the homing switch. Replaced it and all was well. I wonder if in gregstah case he had the same problem and in tighten the grub screw fortuitously remade his home switch connection. It may be worth re checking the switch connections.
Omerod 096
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login