Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Development record?

Posted by Treth 
Development record?
January 09, 2014 10:51AM
Is there a list of "features and fixes" or a "Bug list" to you and me?
It would be great if there was an official bug list with links to posts that discuss the issue and solution or a link to the actual fix.

I started building my printer #007 at the beginning of December and put a massive effort into getting it built before Christmas, but..... Well it's built and has printed a few prints, but I thought I would wait until lots of systems were working reliably and then join in again.

Now back into the day job I don't always get the chance to read everything on the Forum as I used to do and it's now getting unclear to me what the latest situation is!

This is made worse (but potentially better) by the parallel developments, so it would be good to know the RepRapPro 'standard'. Will I be able to print reliably with the supplied bed, do I need to modify the X axis parts, do I need to suppress the heater bed spikes,.... Strangely my system mechanically seems quite good, the supplied SD card worked (but I replaced it), a firmware update (not sure how far behind I am now) got the most nagging issues fixed and installing the proper Pronterface fixed the others, so am I up and running?

It's also difficult with the two versions RS version (and the new improved) RepRapPro version, i.e. should we add the additional microswitch on the Y axis and if so, how? Is there wiring upgrade instructions, what is the consequence of not doing this?

Hopefully someone will show me where the list is....., but any thoughts on the above.
Thanks.

Ormerod #007 (shaken but not stirred!)
Re: Development record?
January 09, 2014 10:59AM
I've created an unofficial list, see here.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Development record?
January 09, 2014 11:25AM
dc42
I've created an unofficial list, see here.
That's great and thanks.

This is a classic example for me where I come back to the forum see some posts talking about the "trouble shooting guide" on the instructions page, see a comment about not being able to see this on the web page, I even add a reply agreeing with you and that it affects Firefox as well, but I miss the useful part in your original post!!! LOL.

So thanks for this unofficial list which I shall have a good look through.
Thanks

Ormerod #007 (shaken but not stirred!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login