Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Self Sourcing Ormerod

Posted by BradStaff 
Self Sourcing Ormerod
January 17, 2014 11:15PM
I have access to a 3D printer and can print parts. I want to self source an Ormerod printer but am having trouble finding instructions and where to get the parts. Any help?

-BradStaff
Re: Self Sourcing Ormerod
January 18, 2014 03:22AM
I believe that the Reprappro.com team have understandably not released a list of sources they use for the parts, they have however contributed to an community created parts list here.

[docs.google.com]

It is a very long way from being complete, but it's a start.

Matt

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
January 18, 2014 05:32AM
Instructions: [www.reprappro.com]

We hope to be producing a 'hardware only' kit, ie with no printed parts, very soon, which will be significantly cheaper and less time consuming than sourcing the parts yourself. However, if you like a challenge, don't let me stop you! Three parts are unique, and difficult to source yourself; the Duet, the proximity board, and the ATX power PCB (though you can use another PSU rather than ATX, or modify an ATX yourself). You can order any part for the kit individually by emailing info at reprappro dot com. I wouldn't advise ordering all the parts individually though - it will cost much more!

@iamburny: yes, I did contribute to the spreadsheet, as that information was already public domain - it's the list of items from the bag labels and packing list. Hope it helps!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 05:34AM by droftarts.
January 18, 2014 12:35PM
And you can get the Duet from us grinning smiley

Duet

DuetWifi.: advanced 3d printing electronics
January 18, 2014 12:38PM
@Ian - Thanks for contributing most appreciated, especially seeing as we all know you guys are maxed out

Matt

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
January 18, 2014 12:55PM
T3P3
And you can get the Duet from us grinning smiley
Duet

I would never be so blatantly commercial as to say that you can get a Duet from us too, by emailing info at reprappro dot com tongue sticking out smiley
(Cue argument about the best board connectors...)

Ian

edit: I forgot that I already had, earlier!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 01:15PM by droftarts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login