Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing issue - blobby edges

Posted by markbee 
Printing issue - blobby edges
January 22, 2014 03:40PM
I'm quite amazed of the good print quality the Ormerod produces - even if it takes a lot of work to tweak the settings and control the build as there are many pitfalls (bearings, play etc.) to watch for.

I recently made some 1 perimeter wide cubes (30*30*20mm) for testing and measuring the wall thickness and adjusting the extrusion multiplier in slic3r. All went well and I have tweaked the settings in slic3r so that the dimensions of the print are quite accurate.

But one question is left - I always get a "blobby" edge at the start of the print when the nozzle moves to the next layer. I tried wipe on retract, random start points (which doesn't work with 1 perimeter wall prints), temperatures, extrusion multiplier, retraction length etc. pp. - but the blobs won't disappear. Best results were with wipe on retract. But this makes the print take much longer and also seems to have issues with the current firmware.

So any suggestions whats going wrong are very welcome.

The photo shows a 30*30*20mm cube with three different layer (0.24mm, 0.12mm, 0.06mm) with the "blobby" edge in the middle. The other edges look very good.

Markus

XBee & electronics blog: [lookmanowire.blogspot.com]
Re: Printing issue - blobby edges
January 22, 2014 08:22PM
Unfortunately the only solution I have found so far to that issue is a needle file :-(

Dave
(#106)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login