Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maximum print speed ?

Posted by tru168 
Maximum print speed ?
January 27, 2014 07:24AM
HI all,

What is your maximum print speed can go ? I print Z gear with 45mm/s , 65mm/s infill and I can hear knocking sound when it change at certain corner. My Y belt is tight , and glue + cable tie . X axis also re- tensioned before I print the gear.
Re: Maximum print speed ?
January 27, 2014 07:44AM
Just found the problem , the bed sag a little and rub with something underneath. try to correct the sagging bed. 90++% humidity and hot weather in my country will destroy the MDF board fast. looking for alternative material. G10/FR4 fibre maybe. anyway, interest to know how fast it can go .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2014 07:44AM by tru168.
January 27, 2014 07:54AM
Hi tru168,

either of those should be a little stiffer and less water absorbing smiling smiley

I don't know what the top speed is, but I get pretty acceptable quality with

; perimeter_speed = 50
; infill_speed = 60
; travel_speed = 60

printing at 0.2mm layer height on rectangular or circular cross-sections (with internal holes ranging from 3mm to 8mm). I infill with a rectilinear pattern, honeycomb seems to slow things down (probably because of the direction changes at small distance intervals, so not having a chance to accelerate to full speed?)

Ray
January 27, 2014 07:57AM
tru168
HI all,

What is your maximum print speed can go ? I print Z gear with 45mm/s , 65mm/s infill and I can hear knocking sound when it change at certain corner. My Y belt is tight , and glue + cable tie . X axis also re- tensioned before I print the gear.

When I print a large part I increase the speed (50mm/s) and when I print a small part I reduce speed (25mm/s). I have found that printing small parts/details fast can cause errors in Y as the bed directions rapidly change at high frequencies, a bit like vibrations. When however I print a large parts I don't have this "problem". I think the issue might be acceleration rather than speed. It is probably something that can be tuned in slic3r. If so it will be a compromise between moving faster but accelerating more slowly?
January 27, 2014 08:30AM
Hi,

Yes , I noticed too, my small parts printing will vibrate and possibly create resonance/ harmonics problem. I keep small parts print speed at below 30, and 45 for larger parts. I tested 45mm/s small prints just now and it vibrate crazily.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login