Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Commissioning problems

Posted by MEL-101 
Commissioning problems
January 27, 2014 05:40AM
I have reached the point where the Arduino software says 'RepRapFirmware is up and running' but can get no further.
I have checked all the connections, soldered the USB connections that weren't soldered, replaced the supplied SD card with one that works, and don't know what to try next.
The M503 request just returns an 'OK' but nothing more. Same with the M105 code. I thought the firmware may need updating but I can't check as the M115 code returns only 'OK'.
When I leave the serial monitor window open, it slowly cycles through the following: "Class web server spinning/ class geodes spinning/ class move spinning/ class platform spinning/ class heat spinning". I can't find any information about what this means or if it's relevant.
Any guidance on what I should be looking for or doing would be much appreciated.
Re: Commissioning problems
January 27, 2014 05:46AM
Did you by any chance send the commands in lower case, e.g. m503 instead of M503?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 27, 2014 05:50AM
Apparently not, as I've just tried this and got a result! Thank you. The instructions didn't make that clear and I have no prior knowledge of this sort of thing! Thanks once again
January 27, 2014 09:45AM
Good point, I've added a note in the commissioning instructions the first time you put a command in, to use upper case always. Thanks!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login