Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think I'm Brain Dead

Posted by KimBrown 
I think I'm Brain Dead
April 21, 2014 08:53AM
Ever since having the Ormerod I've used Skirts to get the filament flowing, and since changing to just using plain glass without tape
I've been using a Brim to help hold the prints in place.... I hate to think of the number of times the Skirt hasn't stuck properly then got carried in to the print.
Most of the time I've been able to drag it out quick before it's done any harm......

Then this morning it dawned on me.... Why am I using a Skirt AND a Brim.... Doh!
There's no need for the skirt.... If you use a Brim... At worst make the Brim a couple of mm bigger if you have to... I normaly use a 10mm Brim...
Problem Solved.....
It's only taken me a month or so to work that one out....... Brain Dead....

Having gone back to DC's 57Y Firmware I can print again.... If you find your having problems I suggest you migrate back to 57Y as it's pretty good...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2014 08:56AM by KimBrown.

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
Re: I think I'm Brain Dead
April 21, 2014 03:33PM
KimBrown
Having gone back to DC's 57Y Firmware I can print again.... If you find your having problems I suggest you migrate back to 57Y as it's pretty good...
What was your reason to revert to 57y?
Re: I think I'm Brain Dead
April 21, 2014 05:27PM
My machine was doing strange things.... Saying it had started printing from the SD card, a few M report lines then saying it had stopped printing from the SD card when it hadn't moved. Sometimes the HotEnd would move then stop, and the whole machine would lock up with the heaters on. Basicaly it didn't want to work here.

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login