Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Connection Problem

Posted by Pointy 
Duet Connection Problem
April 27, 2014 11:28AM
Hi Guys,

My Ormerod has been working fine up until this afternoon, I even printed something last night.

I just went to print something today and after turning it on, tried to connect through web interface, and it just refuses to connect!

It won't connect through Pronterface either (it just spams with temperature readings). It is, however, showing up in the device manager and I am able to flash the firmware. I am currently on the official firmware 57a and still no go, either through Pronterface or the web interface.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
Re: Duet Connection Problem
April 27, 2014 11:40AM
Are you still using the original SD card? Can you connect via Arduino serial monitor? Perhaps the SD card or SD card socket is no longer working.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 27, 2014 11:51AM
dc42
Are you still using the original SD card? Can you connect via Arduino serial monitor? Perhaps the SD card or SD card socket is no longer working.

Yes I can talk to it via the Arduino serial monitor.

The SD card works fine in my laptop.

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
April 27, 2014 12:07PM
The M503 returns...

Can't open 0:/sys/config.g to read from. Error code: 3
Configuration file not found

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
April 27, 2014 01:36PM
OK I, found the problem is with the Duets Micro SD card reader. If I wedge a piece of this card in with the card it reads it.

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
April 27, 2014 02:27PM
If you have a soldering iron it could be worth re-doing the card reader pins again?

Another RS Ormerod Mk1 meets the world smiling smiley

Retired now but I used to make....
CNC Machined Mk1 aluminium bed support plates for the Ormerod
CNC machined X-plates and ribs for Mk1 & Mk2 Ormerods
CNC machined bed support arms for the Mk2 Ormerod.
Dual Hot-End heatsink blocks.
April 28, 2014 04:08AM
Davek0974
If you have a soldering iron it could be worth re-doing the card reader pins again?

Thanks for the suggestion Dave,

It's not the pins that connect the socket to the board but the pins inside that make contact with the card. (Thinking about it I have had the odd problem where I have had to put the card in and out a few times for it to work., but as I only take the card out for web interface upgrades, it's only been out a few times)

If I look into the socket with a magnifying glass I can just see a pin or two is a fraction lower than the others and as I don't want to invalidate any warranty, I am not going to mess with it. I will send reprap support and email to see if it can be replaced though.

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login