Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't do what I did......

Posted by KimBrown 
Don't do what I did......
April 30, 2014 01:13PM
Just a word of warning here on two things.....

1) I knew that if I connected my Samsung phone to the LapTop, unplugging it stopped the printer...But.. I didn't fully realise that ANY device plugged in to the USB socket might cause the same problem. Halfway through a 1hr print I unplugged the card reader...... YEPP... It stopped the printer DEAD...

2) Ok, so brain of Britain here thought.... Unplug the Printer..... Close PronterFissel, and then connect it back up and start from scratch....
Yepp did that, but forgot to turn the heater on.... The HotEnd stuck to the print, dragging the print and table with it.
I did manage to pull the USB cable back out before the table hit the X-Axis arm.... The result was the table was then 2mm out.....

DOH!! But it wasn't a total waste.... I'd left a spool of print stood on the table when traveling, and this had knocked the bed out... But I'd trued it up...
The accident actualy pulled the bed back in to shape. So not a real problem... It's all nice and true again now and printing like mad....

And thanks to DC pointing me in the direction of my limit switch, even the homey works again now.... Not sure why I didn't think of that.....
Brain Dead.....

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
Re: Don't do what I did......
April 30, 2014 02:08PM
KimBrown
1) I knew that if I connected my Samsung phone to the LapTop, unplugging it stopped the printer...But.. I didn't fully realise that ANY device plugged in to the USB socket might cause the same problem. Halfway through a 1hr print I unplugged the card reader...... YEPP... It stopped the printer DEAD...

That's fixed in the 0.58 series of my firmware. 0.58d is currently live, 0.58e to come shortly (fixes an issue with pausing SD card prints).

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 30, 2014 02:24PM
That's good news..... I thought the USB problem was in Pronterfissel...

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
April 30, 2014 02:50PM
KimBrown
That's good news..... I thought the USB problem was in Pronterfissel...

No, it's a combination of strange behaviour in Windoze (i.e. connecting one USB port seems to disconnect another sometimes), the the original Duet firmware blocking sometimes if the USB connection goes down.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login