Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB connection issue (some times it works, sometimes it does not)

Posted by sagar_juneja 
USB connection issue (some times it works, sometimes it does not)
June 30, 2014 09:45AM
Hi,

When i am connecting the Duet PCB of RepRapPro Ormerod 3D printer to PC using a USB connection, sometimes PC recognizes the printer and sometimes it does not.
Note: -
Power on LED near USB port always lit-up, which means i am able to power the DUET PCB using PC USB connection.
I have installed all the device drivers properly.

I am suspecting there is a issue with USB port on DUET PCB or there is a issue with the FTDI chip.

Request you to please help.

Sagar Juneja
Re: USB connection issue (some times it works, sometimes it does not)
June 30, 2014 09:52AM
I used to get that a lot...
i dont know why but since I updated to DC42s firmware it happens a lot less.
I also found ensuring proterface is closed (wait a couple of seconds) then plug the USB in without the PSU power on, it works almost every time now...
July 01, 2014 12:58AM
Thank you for your reply!

I wish to state that i have not commissioned the printer yet. I am at the very first stage of commissioning where i am connecting the PC with the printer using USB connection for the first time. Since i am facing this issue in the very first steps of commissioning i couldnt proceed.

Do you think it may be an issue with the Duet PCB hardware?
July 01, 2014 03:35AM
Are you using the SD card supplied with the kit? If so, and it is not the Kingston Memory brand supplied with later kits, then the problem may well be with the SD card.

Other things to check:

* Does it connect more reliably after pressing the Reset button on the Duet?

* When it fails to connect, can you see the port e.g. in Windows Device Manager?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login