Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print stops half way twice on the same spot

Posted by Sardi 
Print stops half way twice on the same spot
July 24, 2014 03:29AM
I was printing the modified fan duct, and the print stoped twice in the same place. The Web interface restarted, hot end and bed stopped heating.

I tried it twice, first time via usb, second time directly from sd card, both times stoped at the exact same place.
Firmware I am using is 065j-dc42.

EDIT: While I was writing this, it restarted itself again with no ongoing print.

EDIT 2: I tried to print something else - it works fine, its just the fan duct model that stops printing.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 04:13AM by Sardi.
Re: Print stops half way twice on the same spot
July 24, 2014 12:05PM
hi

maybe a broken gcode file?
July 24, 2014 01:02PM
Will check, but would a broken g-code file cause the Web interface to freeze and restart?
July 24, 2014 01:27PM
Sardi, if the web interface freezes and restarts, then the firmware has probably locked up and triggered a watchdog reset (although I've not heard of that happening before with my 0.65 series firmware). I suggest you upgrade to 0.78e-dc42 available here [github.com] and web interface 0.98 here [github.com], because there has been a lot of change to the movement code since 0.65j. Don't forget to connect the Z probe blue (and white if you have it) wires to their new positions on the expansion connector, see [forums.reprap.org] for details.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 01:28PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 24, 2014 04:47PM
dc42
Sardi, if the web interface freezes and restarts, then the firmware has probably locked up and triggered a watchdog reset (although I've not heard of that happening before with my 0.65 series firmware). I suggest you upgrade to 0.78e-dc42 available here [github.com] and web interface 0.98 here [github.com], because there has been a lot of change to the movement code since 0.65j. Don't forget to connect the Z probe blue (and white if you have it) wires to their new positions on the expansion connector, see [forums.reprap.org] for details.

Thanks for all the info.
Will get right onto upgrading the firmware/web interface/sd card files!

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login