August 06, 2014 07:35AM
hey guys,

my z probe often touches the filament.
especialy when i do print large objects wich stick
with the first layer 10x10cm to the heatbed - sometimes
they bulge up while cooling. so my question is the z probe
only for homing or does it interact with the z motor while
printing. if not id like to remove it beacause i dont see
the sense of it. i always home manually over the interface.

sincierly red

Red Ormerod No. 281

Mods:
-My Bedsupport Mk2
-My upper z mount
-Davek0974s Aluminium X-Rib
-iamburnys Z Gears
-Form232-teks Cthulhu cooling ductg
-MasonStonehenges spring-loaded extruder

RepRapFirmware-0.78k-dc42,
web interface 0.99, Win7
Re: Z probe .....
August 06, 2014 07:42AM
just for homing and bed level compensation once printing it is ignored.
can you loosen the screw and see if it will slide up a couple of mm.
or maybe your bowden tube was not screwed far enough into the cooling block so your nozzle is a bit short? steps in the instructions seemed a bit backwards when i was doing them but makes sense to get the nozzle height right
think if you remove it the nozzle will run into the bed if you click home all or run a file with it in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 07:42AM by zeb00.
August 06, 2014 07:55AM
If the the edge of the Z probe board is at least 1mm higher than the nozzle, then it shouldn't interfere with the print. If not, try the suggestions made by zeb00 first, also check that the hot end is level when viewed along the X axis. If it remains a problem, you can use a couple of washers or a thin piece of plastic above the MDF insulator to drop the nozzle an extra 0.5mm to 1mm below the level of the X carriage. Or you can reprint the nozzle mount to drop the hot end slightly - there have been a few designs for this published in this forum. My own nozzle mount model is here [github.com] and you can adjust the height in the openscad model.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 06, 2014 07:57AM
thanks so i will basicly throw it away.
i checked the nozzle and it seems ok maybe the problem comes
from the x carriage. acryl is affected by torsion a lot.
August 06, 2014 08:05AM
redblunt
thanks so i will basicly throw it away.

Or you could use one of my hot end boards instead, see [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]. It can be used with 5-point auto bed levelling (4 corners + centre of the bed).

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 06, 2014 08:08AM
usually problems with x carrage or ribs would cause the fan duct to dip but the probe is on the other size of the nozzle if you loosen your bolts through you heat sink and try to push duct up and cooling block down that may also give a tiny bit of clearance.
August 06, 2014 11:03AM
If the proximity sensor is very close to the bed, I would expect either your hot end is mounted too high (check the brass end of the Bowden tube is fully into the aluminum cooling block, and you have put the MDF spacer in), you have mounted the hot end so it is leaning back towards the x-axis-plate (the fan ducts will be a long way from the bed; adjust the runner bearing on the back of the x-carriage), or your bed is a long way out of level, and down at the front (check bed and y axis for movement, the MDF bed insulator may be dropping at the front).

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
August 06, 2014 01:07PM
thanks for the help guys i think it was a mix of it that went wrong:

a. heatbed is saggy -> need a better support maybe the triangle thing, thoutgh i solved this
b. comes time comes money then ill maybe get dcs sensor or invent something that dectects analog
and digitalizes it like a stick togehter with a contact that only needs 0.01mm to activate
c.zeb00 the sensorboard was up enough but it had an strange angle so one corner stiched down
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login