Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-Host 1.02 (win) , some strange issues

Posted by moremetall 
Repetier-Host 1.02 (win) , some strange issues
August 19, 2014 01:01AM
Hi !

I'm evaluating Repetier as a candidate for printing software and I do manage to get Ormerod/ Duet partly working with this program but...
- Cant get the heater for extruder to start
- Cant get the G92 Z0 commnad to work, very strange behavior when adding this command ( will change the value of the Z pos but not zero it)

Question, where do you adjust the Z probe value, can find any information regarding

anyone what has any experience , suggestions ??
(btw using a Surface Pro with win8 as a host)

Looking forward on your replay !
Kind regards
Micael
Re: Repetier-Host 1.02 (win) , some strange issues
August 19, 2014 02:00AM
First off, what Duet firmware are you using? The "preferred" way of controlling the heater in modern firmware versions is the G10 command (such as "G10 P1 S185 R0" for 185°C), together with a T1 command to "select" the extruder. The M104 command is deprecated, but still works but in newer Duet firmware versions the T1 command is required.

The G92 Z0 command won't do any probing or moving the head, it will just take whatever position you are currently at and make that be Z=0. For actual probing, you first need to set it up with something like "G31 Z1.5 P500". That basically means "trigger Z probe at reading 500, and when triggered set Z=1.5". Then, to do the probing/homing, move the head to the appropriate position (which will need to be above a "white target" unless you have dc42's newest probe upgrade) and issue a G30 command.

These commands are in no way specific for Repetier, you would need the same thing no matter what way you control the printer.
Re: Repetier-Host 1.02 (win) , some strange issues
August 19, 2014 05:16AM
Two comments:

1. Have you tried the latest web interface? It is more capable than any USB-based interface because is isn't restricted to using the gcode protocol.

2. You say that G92 Z0 changes the value of Z but doesn't zero it. Are you using bed compensation? If so, does G92 Z0 work properly if you use M561 to clear the bed compensation first? If yes to both, then it sounds to me that you are using old firmware.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login