Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod SD card not working

Posted by marvin245 
Ormerod SD card not working
September 16, 2014 03:32AM
I have recently purchased an Ormerod 2, and am going through the commissioning stages. The printer is recognized and giving back correct temperature results when I don't have the SD card in the printer, but when I put the SD card with the correct files in the printer, I cannot connect to it through the Serial Port Monitor. I have bought a new SD card and tried that, however that does not seem to help the problem either. Any help would be appreciated, thanks very much
Re: Ormerod SD card not working
September 16, 2014 07:04AM
It sounds like you may be using the Arduino serial monitor instead of Pronterface. The config files on the SD card put the Duet into a different mode and so you should use Pronterface to communicate with it. Also note that if you have reprogrammed the Duet, the serial port you used to program will be a different COM port number to the COM port that it comes up with after it has been programmed.

Dave
September 16, 2014 07:34AM
That doesn't sound right to me. The serial monitor should work whether or not the config.g file on the SD card has been run. The different mode that the config.g file puts the Duet into affects mostly whether or not it sends an OK response after each command.

You could try with a reduced or empty config.g file in case a particular command in config.g is causing the problem.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 16, 2014 08:31AM
Update your firmware: [reprappro.com]

The Duet probably has old firmware on it, which hangs when the current SD card config.g file is run, due to the new features of the current firmware. There is a note about this in the commissioning instructions, which tell you to update the firmware before putting in the SD card: [reprappro.com]

Note: If you have NOT updated your firmware, and you use the SD card files and settings meant for a different version of the firmware, your Duet board may become unresponsive when you insert the SD card and turn on the Duet. Always use the same version of the firmware and SD card files, so whenever you update the firmware, update the SD card files.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
September 23, 2014 04:31AM
Thank you, solved by updating firmware and changing the SD card...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login