Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod 2 hot end mounting

Posted by PIDE 
Ormerod 2 hot end mounting
January 25, 2015 10:05AM
Hello there,

could anyone explain me if i did something wrong with the hot end assembly. The mounting to the axis willl not work in my case. Comparing the reprappro assembly foto with the fotos i took of my assembly the nozzle mount is different. The screws and the brass union do not fit into the holes.
Any suggestions?
Pide
Attachments:
open | download - Hot end assembly-original.jpg (196.2 KB)
open | download - hot end assembly- peer-1.jpg (276.6 KB)
open | download - hot end assembly- peer-2.jpg (271.6 KB)
Re: Ormerod 2 hot end mounting
January 25, 2015 11:19AM
As far as I can see the hole is too small. I would drill it bigger, maybe by clamping somthing with a guiding hole to it. The precision on these parts are not critical to the printing result. Most important is that it doesnt move. When you get it to print you can print a new X carrige.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2015 11:29AM by fotomas.
January 25, 2015 03:47PM
Agreed, open the hole for the brass bit and put some shims under 2 mounting screws to get printing, you may want to print something with closed screw holes instead of slots anyway, something like this:

Edit: link added

RepRap Ormerod Extruder Nozzle Mount for cap screws
[www.thingiverse.com]

Erik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2015 03:52PM by ormerod168.
January 26, 2015 04:30AM
Thanks,

I`ll try it out.

Pide
rkc
January 26, 2015 04:43AM
Looks to me like you have been sent the wrong part - that one looks like it's for a dual extruder. You can probably persuade it to work with some drilling and some washers, or you can ask RRP to send you out a replacement.

(or if you know anyone with a 3d printer you can ask them to print you a replacement)

Richard
January 26, 2015 07:05AM
I agree, looks like you have been sent a nozzle mount for a dual extruder hot end.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login