Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm an idiot, I've done it again can anyone help?

Posted by jsv555 
I'm an idiot, I've done it again can anyone help?
January 27, 2015 06:27PM
As an idiot I don't learn from my mistakes and have managed to melt some of the printed parts on my O2. Being a bigger idiot I didn't print replacement parts before starting this escapade

Basically playing around trying to get the cooling system on my heated enclosure to work.

What I didn't realise is that I had accidentally pulled the thermostat temp probe inside the insulation of the enclosure and as a result was not getting an accurate reading.

Having cut a large hole in the enclosure to insert cooling fans I assumed all the warm air was exiting through said hole. It wasn't.

Printer is now very wonky and very broken.

If anyone in the UK can print me all the O2 parts for the Z and X axis (don't need the X idler or the extruder) I would be eternally grateful. I'm quite happy to pay postage and bung you a few quid for your trouble.

Thanks

Jon
Re: I'm an idiot, I've done it again can anyone help?
January 27, 2015 06:31PM
I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune.I suggest you post a complete list of the parts you need.

You could also ask Sally at RepRapPro for a price for those parts - they don't just sell the parts they list on their web site. OTOH someone else might be able to print the parts in ABS for you, which would avoid the same thing happening again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 06:33PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 27, 2015 06:38PM
David

If I can find someone to print them in ABS it would be brilliant. Thought I would try here before talking to Sally.

Depends how patient I can be and how quickly I want to get back up and running again. Bit annoying as it was all starting to come together and the whole project was beginning to show some promise.sad smiley
January 28, 2015 01:40AM
Decided I'm impatient so just ordered the parts from RRP.

Thanks

Jon
February 04, 2015 01:18PM
Hi Jon,
Did you get the order from RRP ok? If not I can print off the parts for you.
Dan
February 04, 2015 03:41PM
Hi Dan

Thanks for the offer but dmould very kindly printed me the bottom Z bracket and I also got all replacement parts from RRP to cover me from having a similar incident (it will happen)

Unfortunately both lower Z brackets split along a layer when I went to install, wasn't even pulling them up very tight. Have managed to bodge it though so should be good enough to get up and running again.

First thing I'm printing is zombiepantslol's version of the bracket as it seems a much better option than the original.

Decided to get all the re-wiring done before I try to fire it up again. Bit of a set back with this was that I have chewed up half the motor crimps I had when remaking the motor looms.

Think I have the hang of it now but don't have enough crimps to make the last motor loom. Don't know exactly what the crimps are though. Tried to get hold of Ian at RRP to find out but no reply yet, so again I'm a bit scuppered (not having much luck).

On the plus side I have tried the enclosure with a print bed temp of 100°C and I can hold a steady enclosure temperature of 30°C +/- 0.5°C which is what I was originally aiming for.

Doesn't look the greatest but it works and I'm getting there slowly.

One day the Ormerod will become the Warmerod.

Cheers

Jon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 03:42PM by jsv555.
February 04, 2015 04:01PM
Are these the crimps for the Duet controller? if so you can get them from Rapid Electronics for not a lot of cash if so I think this is what you need

MOLEX Crimps

It helps to have the proper crimp tool as well Crimp Tool Not cheap but invaluable

HTH

Doug
February 04, 2015 04:08PM
Hi Doug

I'm not sure. I'm after the really tiny crimps that go into the motor housing that fits into the motor. They are an odd shape.

I think I have some of the Molex crimps and a crimping tool.

Thanks for your help.

Jon
February 04, 2015 04:39PM
jsv555
Hi Doug

I'm not sure. I'm after the really tiny crimps that go into the motor housing that fits into the motor. They are an odd shape.

I think I have some of the Molex crimps and a crimping tool.

Thanks for your help.

Jon
ok

in that case you can get ready made cables for that

I am assuming that they are std in which case go to Motor cables order one per motor then change the Far end to what you need E3D are extremely quick You order tonight If they are instock you'll have them Friday

Saves lots of hassle

Doug
February 05, 2015 02:48AM
Hello, here is a link to a previous thread on the list of crimps used on Ormerod
February 05, 2015 04:20AM
Hi all

I had already looked at the thread but wasn't convinced by what it said.

RRP have got back to me, The crimps are apparently PH200-TL crimps [www.toby.co.uk], so I shall be sourcing some from somewhere and getting on with making the extended looms.

Thanks

Jon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2015 05:35AM by jsv555.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login